WPLC has a work study position for one undergraduate student in the UVic work study program. This position is for a junior editor to assist the grad student editors in the operation of the journal.
The position will include but is not limited to work in the following areas:
- Helping the grad student editors administer the journal.
- Copy editing the final drafts of the papers
- updating the WPLC style guide
- sorting the WPLC paper archives
- Undergraduate student enrolled in the workstudy program (http://registrar.uvic.ca/safa/workstudy/workstudyindex.html), preference will be given to linguistics students
- Strong Word Processing skills and an ability to pick up computer related systems quickly
- Strong English language skills
- Interest in academic research topics and papers
- Strong work ethic and motivation for self directed work
- Previous writing or editing work experience a bonus
To apply for the position:
- Write a cover letter and provide a copy of your resume in pdf form.
- Attach cover letter and resume to an email with "WPLC Work Study" as the subject to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate in your email or cover letter the number of hours you have been allotted by the workstudy program.
We may not consider you for the position if you are missing any of the points above: pdf resume and coverletter, email with WPLC Work Study as the subject, and the number of hours you have been allotted.
Thank you and good luck!
Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle
University of Victoria