Already have a Username/Password for The Arbutus Review?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The paper answers the question "What is the significance of my research?"
- There is a list of key terms after the abstract and before the introduction of my paper. The key terms are separated by a semi-colon rather than a comma.
- All technical or scientific terms unique to the topic of my research have been explained.
- A professor has approved my submission to the journal and submitted an email to LTCAssocDirSAS@uvic.ca to that effect.
- I have been registered as an undergradute student at UVic for at least one semester in the twelve months prior to May 1, 2016.
- If my research has been conducted on people, animals, or biological matter, I have included a copy of the research ethics approval form.
Authors contributing to the Artbutus Review agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.