Already have a Username/Password for The Arbutus Review?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format. If not, please contact the Managing Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The text is double-spaced; uses Times New Roman and a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- I have spell-checked and read my paper thorougly, resolving grammatical and other writing errors.
- My paper answers the question "What is the significance of my research?"
- I have checked that my abstract and conclusion accurately reflect the content of my paper.
- I have included a list of key terms after the abstract and before the introduction of my paper.
- I have explained all technical or scientific terms unique to the topic of my research.
- A professor has approved my submission to the journal and signed the form.
- I have been registered as an undergradute student at UVic for at least one semester in the twelve months prior to June 15, 2012.
I have included the following:
- an abstract
- a list of key words, separated by semi-colons
- an acknowledgments section
- a permanent email address
Authors contributing to the Artbutus Review agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
University of Victoria