Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Borderlands Studies?
Go to Login
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point Times or Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are submitted as separate files with clear indication of where they should be placed within the text. A note in the text in brackets will be sufficient, as in the following example: [Figure 1 about here].
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
If manuscripts are accepted and published, all rights, including subsidiary rights, are assigned to the JBS. The author retains the right to use the article after it has been published in the JBS without charge, for any book or anthology of which he or she is author or editor, and to reproduce copies for classroom or for other noncommercial use.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.