Already have a Username/Password for Philosophy in Review?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The article, or any part thereof, is in no way a violation of any existing original or derivative copyright.
- The submission file is in Word (.doc) or RTF (.rtf) document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., PIR) are activated and ready to click.
- The text adheres to the formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Read the journal's Publication Agreement and Copyright License.
Submission of an original manuscript to Philosophy in Review (PIR) will be taken to mean that it represents original work not previously published, that it is not being considered elsewhere for publication.Authors contributing to PIR agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommerical 3.0 Unported license.This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The journal takes the stance that the publication of scholarly research is meant to disseminate knowledge and, in a not-for-profit regime, benefits neither publisher nor author financially. It sees itself as having an obligation to its authors and to society to make content available online now that the technology allows for such a possibility. In keeping with this principle, the journal will be publishing all of its back issues online. At the same time, were an author who contributed to the journal prior to the journal putting in place an explicit request for online rights to request that his or her work be removed from the PIR-Online website, the journal would remove the work.
The Author also grants the Publisher a royalty-free worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, archive, and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval system (such as Sociological Abstracts, etc.). See full Publication Agreement.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommerical 3.0 Unported license.
Philosophy in Review
University of Victoria