Already have a Username/Password for Satir Journal of Counselling and Family Therapy?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Information for Articles and Insights:
Theory and approaches in the areas of individual and family therapy. The mode of inquiry may include quantitative, qualitative and indigenous methodologies, with case studies and personal narrative. Clinical research on mental health may also include cross-cultural approaches, spirituality and ethical decision-making.
1. All manuscripts should be double-spaced, with consistent formatting styles and a maximum length of twenty-five pages. “Word.doc” compatible is preferred. We will also accept keywords for Indexing.
2. A brief biography of the author, including education, previous articles published and work in the field is requested.
3. Reports of research should conform to the style specified in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition. APA style is without footnotes - citations are in text, followed by references and bibliography.
4. If the manuscript is based on dissertation research, or a funded project, a note on the title page should provide all relevant facts.
5. Photos, graphics and artwork must be cited whether in the ownership of the submitter or in the public domain, or is accompanied by a release document signifying the copyrighted owner.
6. While we respect the many titles of training programs and business names that present theory, process and applications of the Satir Model , for the purpose of consistency and clarity we will ask that the writer generally refer to Virginia Satir's work as the "Satir Model." However, we will also include the author's particular citation to any Satir-based training program or business.
7. INSIGHTS - Personal experiences and a personal style, including poetry, art, book reviews, and interviews connected with Virginia Satir’s vision are also welcome.
8. Translated material must credit the name of the translator.
9. Submit an electronic copy of your manuscript via e-mail to: email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT AGREEMENT – We will send you a form indicating our intention to publish your article and your ownership of the material. We need to know if the article has been published in other journals.
CONTACT: For an early response, you may send us a one-page summary of your topic and your present position as the writer. Generally, we will let you know in sixty days if your manuscript is suitable for our journal. Please contact us for any information that is not available on our website by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATIR JOURNAL OF COUNSELLING AND FAMILY THERAPY,
Dept. of Educational Psychology and Leadership Studies,
University of Victoria, 3800 Finnerty Rd.
Victoria, B.C. Canada V8N 1M5