Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication by another journal. The submission content has not been created using an AI generative tool.
- There is a list of five key terms after the 100-200 word abstract and before the introduction of the paper. The key terms are separated by a semicolon, rather than a comma.
- The submission does not exceed 25 double-spaced pages (not including references), formatted in 12-point Times New Roman font with standard (2.54 cm) margins, saved as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) file.
- If your work is based on research or a synthesis of literature, it follows the APA Style guide, 7th edition, for citations and references.
- The Canadian Oxford Dictionary is used for the spelling of all English words.
- An academic mentor has approved the submission by emailing the co-editor at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that the work is yours, original, and of publishable quality.
- If the work is based on research with people, animals, or biological matter, you have included a copy of the research ethics approval form.
- All distinct cultural and/or technical terms unique to your work have been explained.
- The work is written and organized in a manner that is accessible to a diverse audience.
- If the student’s academic mentor is a co-author, the academic mentor must confirm in an email to the managing editor (email@example.com) that the undergraduate author’s contribution comprises at least 75% of the total work.
- Photographs and other images that are included in your work, but were not created by you, will be linked to, rather than reproduced, in accordance with the Canadian Copyright Act.
Authors contributing to the Artbutus Review agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 Unported license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.