Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses 12-point Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed after the text at the end of the document.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, no information that reveals the author responsible for the submission is included. To avoid compromising the blind review process please refer to the instructions provided in the section, Ensuring a Blind Review.
Authors grant ARTiculate first right to publication of their work. Authors retain copyright.
Contributing authors do so under the agreement that they release their essays under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported licence. Under the Open Access policy of the journal, this licence allows anyone to use or share the author’s work, on the condition that they provide proper attribution.
Authors may enter into separate, non-exclusive publication agreements for the same work provided a note is included indicating that the essay was first published in ARTiculate Art History.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to any third party without prior written consent of the author.