Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Papers must have been written within the past five (5) years by an undergraduate student at the University of Victoria in any department.
- Each student may submit up to one (1) paper to the ACADEMIC section of the journal; one (1) creative submission per student is also encouraged.
- Outstanding submissions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Papers must be on a topic in Francophone studies, but you do not need to be a French student to submit.
- The journal will be published using the Chicago Manual of Style citation style. However, any style is acceptable for submission.
- Academic papers must be between 500 and 3000 words.
- Creative pieces must be between 100 and 2000 words.
- Creative submissions must be written in French. Academic submissions may be written in either language.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.