Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- All articles must be the author’s original work, previously unpublished, and not being reviewed for publication with another journal.
- Manuscripts should be submitted as files prepared in MS Word. The manuscript should be double-spaced and formatted for 81⁄2 x 11” (21.5 x 28 cm) paper, with 1” (2.54 cm) margins on both sides of the page.
- All IJCYFS submissions, reviews, and editorial work are completed through our online peer review management system.
- DOIs have been included for all academic articles listed in the Works Cited.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the Guidelines and Requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Potential reviewers: You are required to upload a separate sheet with names, addresses (including email address), affiliation, and position of five qualified potential reviewers with expertise relevant to the subject of your manuscript. However, IJCYFS cannot guarantee that the suggested reviewers shall be used or contacted to review your manuscript.
- Carefully review the double-blind review requirements as stipulated in the submission guidelines, and ensure that you comply with them
Authors contributing to the International Journal of Child, Youth and Family Studies agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 Unported license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Rights Granted After Publication
After publication, authors may reuse portions or the full article without obtaining formal permission for inclusion within their thesis or dissertation.
Permission for these reuses is granted on the following conditions:
- that full acknowledgement is made of the original publication stating the specific material reused [pages, figure numbers, etc.], [Title] by/edited by [Author/editor], [year of publication], reproduced by permission of International Journal of Child, Youth & Family Studies [link to IJCYFS website];
- In the case of joint-authored works, it is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission from co-authors for the work to be reuse/republished;
- that reuse on personal websites and institutional or subject-based repositories includes a link to the work as published in the International Journal of Child, Youth & Family Studies; and that the material is not distributed under any kind of Open Access style licences (e.g. Creative Commons) which may affect the Licence between the author and IJCYFS.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.