|Aboriginal Health Research Networks Secretariat|
|Journal of Aboriginal Health|
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or a detailed explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format, saved with the extension .doc or .docx.
- The title page with all requirements (see What to Include in Title Page of Submission) is uploaded and/or sent separately from the article/submission. Requirements include an authorship statement and names of four potential peer reviewers.
- Where available, URLs or DOIs for online journal references have been provided.
- The text (except title page) has been copied into the Submission Template file. The text adheres to the formatting, stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in Submission Template, in the Author Submission Guidelines and in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (APA 6).
The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Peer Review (p. 4, Author Submission Guidelines) have been followed.
If necessary, images, figures and tables have been provided and are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Permission for use of charts and images, if they have been previously published, must also accompany the submission.
- Author(s) have disclosed source(s) of financial support for the study. Author(s) have confirmed that research was conducted in accordance with ethical standards appropriate to funding body, profession, locale or other relevant standards, including any relevant Indigenous requirements.
- Author(s) verify that he/she has permission of all authors listed on the submission and can provide this verification in writing prior to publication.