Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Footnotes should not be used. Endnotes need to be located in the text by numbers.
- Manuscript must be anonymized. No author information should be included in the manuscript. Ensure that the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
All author information (including full name, mailing address and biographical information) must be included in a separate document.
- Please include a brief biographical sketch (4-5 sentences) including the author(s) full name, title, professional affiliation, and other relevant information.
- Manuscript must be 6000-8000 words for the Articles from Research section and between 1500-3500 words for the Ideas from Practice and Reviews of Books and Resources sections.
Where available, URLs and DOIs for the references have been provided.
An abstract should be included at the start of the manuscript and not exceed 100 words. 4-5 keywords should be included following the abstract.
All submissions should be accompanied by a copy of the signed copyright transfer agreement.
- Authors are to obtain releases for use of photographs prior to submitting the manuscript. Signed permissions need to be included in the submission.
Authors contributing to the Journal of Childhood Studies agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.