2010 ISSN 1922-7043
2010 EISSN 1923-6549
2008 Cultural Reflections ISSN 1492-4293
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; left-justified margins; 1" (2.5cm) margins on all sides; all pages are numbered sequentially in the upper right hand corner of the page; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
All submissions should include the following sections:
- Title page (includes: submission's title, journal section for submission (i.e. General Article, Field Notes, Review, Photographic Essay, etc.) author's name, address, telephone and/or email address).
- Abstract (maximum 100 words plus title) - for Articles only.
- Author's biographical statement (maximum 75 words - basic information on the author and salient points regarding interests, field of expertise, and current affiliations).
- Acknowledgements (optional).
- Endnotes, not footnotes. Keep them to an absolute minimum. Notes should be limited only to information that supplements, amplifies or clarifies information. They should be numbered consecutively and placed separately at the end of the article, between text and list of References Cited.
- References Cited.
All articles must have an introduction and a conclusion. All major section titles of the article are identified using 14-point, upper and lower case, bold-faced and left-justified text. Subdivision titles are identified using 12-point upper and lower case, plain-faced and centered text. Any further subdivisions are 12-point, numbered with Arabic numerals, upper and lower case, plain text and left justified.
The text adheres to the stylistic and biographical requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
Authors contributing to PlatForum agree to release their articles under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International license. This licence allows anyone to share their work (copy, distribute, transmit) and to adapt it for non-commercial purposes provided that appropriate attribution is given, and that in the event of reuse or distribution, the terms of this license are made clear.
Authors retain copyright of their work and grant the journal right of first publication.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.